We are looking to fill all positions by the fourth quarter 2023.
We are seeking professionals for part-time work and volunteers in the following areas with start 2023 that can help us realize our vision and serve people in the West Algarve region. We welcome all applications.
United & Empowering Millions is seeking a part-time Bistro Chef
Applicants must have a heart to serve our Lord and financially disadvantaged families
- Oversees our planned community restaurant’s kitchen by managing other members of the food preparation team, deciding what dishes to serve and adjusting orders to meet guests’ requests. May assist in prep work, such as chopping vegetables, but more often will be involved in cooking specialty dishes. Chooses ingredients and designs a menu based on the seasonal availability of food items. Creates unique dishes that inspire guests to come back again and again to see what is new in the community restaurant.
- Cooks guests’ orders according to their preferences
- Employs food safety best practices and makes sure that all kitchen staff members do the same
- Acts with appropriate caution in a dangerous environment where there are knives and high-temperature surfaces
- Selects choice ingredients that will give dishes the best flavour
- Experiments to come up with new specialties that will draw diners into the community restaurant
- Coaches other members of the kitchen staff, so they perform at their best
- Determines how much food to order and maintains an appropriate supply at the community restaurant
- Keeps up with trends in cooking and the community restaurant to ensure that guests have a positive experience
- Works quickly and accurately during busy periods, such as weekends and evenings
- Occasionally takes on extra duties, such as cleaning, when the kitchen is short-staffed or the community restaurant is particularly busy
- Takes direction and works with the community restaurant’s administrative team
Please use the form below to register your interest and we’ll be in touch with you shortly